Abbaye Saint-Vincent

Back to the list
abb st vincent SIM
Non communiqué
Non communiqué
Laon_étang des moines

It is one of the oldest abbeys of the city, built by the Merovingian queen Brunehaut at the end of the 6th century.
Its church, of great size, was built in 1175, and one can still admire the facade of its abbey house dating from 1771.
Hardly touched through the ages (it was burned three times, in the 9th century, during the 100 Years War and in 2008), Henri IV used it during the siege of Laon, and it was transformed into an arsenal in 1880.
Among its characteristics, it shelters on its site a pond which made the delights of the naturalist Buffon, because its level never dropped…

It should be noted that this site was the subject of an excavation campaign during the year 2021, and that it is now the property of the City of Laon, which has equipped its exterior walls with panels relating the history of the site…


  • Can only be seen from the outside.
  • Services :
    • Free car park

Localisation

Rue du Maréchal Juin, 02000 LAON

Revenir en haut de page
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.