Monument d’Ailles

Back to the list
ailles
ailles

This monument was erected on the site of the village of Ailles, which was completely razed in 1917 during the preparation of artillery as a prelude to the Nivelle offensive.
In 1923, the State will definitively put an end to the administrative existence of the commune by attaching it to that of Chermizy. The monument, the only reminder of the former commune, was built in 1933 thanks to the Touring Club de France, and bears this singular epitaph, Here was Ailles…


  • Services :
    • Free car park

Localisation

Lieu-dit Les prés secs, 02860 CHERMIZY-AILLES

Revenir en haut de page
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.