Monument national des Chars d’assaut

Back to the list
Non communiqué
Non communiqué
Non communiqué
Non communiqué

This national memorial pays tribute to all the tank crews who fell during the Great War. It is located at the starting position from which for the first time French tanks were engaged en masse on April 16, 1917 in the direction of Juvincourt.

The monument was erected by the group of assault artillery veterans and inaugurated on July 2, 1922 in the presence of Marshals Foch and Pétain, Generals Mangin and Weygand and General Estienne, the “inventor” of tanks.

Since April 2017, a replica of a Schneider CA1 tank has been installed on this site to commemorate the first engagement of French armor in 1917…


  • The outside is open to the public, year-round and at any hour.
  • Services :
    • Free car park
  • Clientèle :
    • Young public

Localisation

RD 1044, 02190 BERRY-AU-BAC

Revenir en haut de page
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.