Moulin de Roucy

Back to the list
Roucy
MOULIN-ROUCY

Perched on a hill overlooking the town of Roucy, this mill (one of the last windmills in the department) was chosen because of its location as a place of observation by the French parliamentarians in order to witness the Nivelle offensive on April 16, 1917. It has been the object for about ten years of a restoration initiated by a local association (attention, bring boots because the access is rather difficult).
On June 6, 2016, a stele was inaugurated in the commune in homage to the six soldiers shot in Roucy in 1916 and 1917, a work designed by the sculptor Victor Lejeune…


  • Services :
    • Free car park

Localisation

Hauteurs du village, 02160 ROUCY

Revenir en haut de page
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.